[lldb-dev] Continuing from a breakpoint with multiple threads

Adrian McCarthy amccarth at google.com
Mon Jun 1 12:43:26 PDT 2015

>The way this works is that when we go to resume the process, all the
thread's get asked whether they need to stop other threads to implement
whatever strategy they are currently pursuing.  That query ends up calling
the currently active thread plan's "StopOthers" method.

Right, and since the ThreadPlanStepOverBreakpoint responds true to
StopOthers, all the other threads get suspended.  Once the breakpoint is
restored and stepped over and the ThreadPlanStepOverBreakpoint is popped,
the rest of the threads are still suspended.

> But ThreadPlanBase::ShouldStop returns false, so if all your threads are
running just the ThreadPlanBase, then they should all resume.

Except that ShouldStop is not called for threads that are already suspended
 (Thread::ShouldStop has an early out if the resume state is
eStateSuspended).  So I still don't see how those threads can ever get out
of the suspended state.