[lldb-dev] Listening for thread create/destroy events in python LLDB

Jeffrey Tan jeffrey.fudan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 15:13:33 PDT 2015

How to receive thread create/destroy events from LLDB? I did not find a
broadcast bit from SBTarget or SBProcess or SBThread. I have enabled
both SBProcess.eBroadcastBitStateChanged
and SBTarget.eBroadcastBitBreakpointChanged, but still did not retrieve any
thread create/destroy event via SBThread.EventIsThreadEvent().

I know I can query for all threads while process is paused but thread can
be create/destroy in run mode so it is important/useful for debugger client
to receive this kind of notification.