[lldb-dev] [LLVMdev] [3.7 Release] We have branched

Russell Wallace russell.wallace at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 10:45:50 PDT 2015

Basic test results on Windows 7, visual studio 2013 (64 bit):

Build clang with visual studio - okay

Build clang with itself - okay

Build Python - okay

Build Ruby - fails on conftest.c, but 3.6 also failed so this is not a
regression bug

Build Perl - fails. 3.6 also failed, but I think the error message was
different, so this could be a regression bug but hopefully it's actually an
improvement. Current error message:

        cl -c -I. -nologo -GF -W3 -I..\lib\CORE -I.\include -I. -I..
-DWIN32 -D_CONSOLE -DNO_STRICT -DWIN64 -DCONSERVATIVE
-D_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE -D_CRT_NONSTDC_NO_DEPRECATE -DPERLDLL -DPERL_CORE
  -O1 -MD -Zi -DNDEBUG -GL -fp:precise  -DPERL_TEXTMODE_SCRIPTS
-DPERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT -DPERL_IMPLICIT_SYS -TP -EHsc -Foperllib.obj
perllib.c
clang-cl.exe: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-GL'
In file included from perllib.c:10:
In file included from ..\lib\CORE\perl.h:3060:
In file included from .\win32thread.h:4:
./win32.h(284,25) :  error: 'selectany' can only be applied to data items
with external linkage