[lldb-dev] lldb tests w/CMake+OSX

Jevin Sweval jevinsweval at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 07:10:45 PST 2015

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 9:40 PM, Zachary Turner <zturner at google.com> wrote:
> Btw, i think it's important to keep the CMake build working for Mac. The
> reason being that since it's what the rest of LLVM uses, having a familiar
> path to getting started hacking on it really encourages people to contribute
> (or at the very least, doesn't DIScourage people from contributing). A
> MacOSX CMake builder would be great, but it would take some serious
> motivation from someone to make that happen

I'm motivated because my company uses CMake for the rest of our OS X
LLVM/Clang builds and it was easier to integrate a CMake LLDB into
that than to try to use the Xcode build. I've also seen a lot of OS X
CMake build breakage over the last year. I might be able to convince
the Boss People to get a build bot set up.

Cheers,
Jevin

P.S. Has anyone built LLDB without *any* dependencies on Python? Build
dependencies are fine but I'd really like to get rid of any runtime
dependencies.