[lldb-dev] Misinterpreting Symbols Issue since LLDB-310

Lei Shi cosmo.shih at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 18:38:33 PST 2015

Hi, everyone

The Target::SetExecutableModule invoke Target::ClearModules at the very
beginning. Target::ClearModules clears the m_section_load_histroy which
maintains the section list of the target. the following symbol parsing
phase needs section list of the executable. Empty section list will leads
to Misinterpreting various symbol data including Function Starts.

I've tried to fix the issue by avoiding clear the m_section_history in
Target::SetExecutableModule. It's work, but I not show weather it's a
proper way to fix the issue.

Hope someone can review the fix.

Best,
Lei Shi