[lldb-dev] I'd like to make Windows an officially supported platform for LLDB.

Ted Woodward ted.woodward at codeaurora.org
Tue Jan 6 11:36:23 PST 2015

My big issue with Windows LLDB right now is the python support. I can do most things in the interpreter, but some things just don’t quite work right. For example, using lldb.debugger is spotty:

(lldb) script

Python Interactive Interpreter. To exit, type 'quit()', 'exit()' or Ctrl-D.

>>> print lldb

<module 'lldb' from 'R:\internal\branch-7.3\windows\latest\Tools\lib\site-packages\lldb\__init__.py'>

>>> print lldb.debugger

No value

>>> print lldb.debugger.GetSelectedTarget()

No value

>>> target = lldb.debugger.GetSelectedTarget()

>>> target.BreakpointCreateByName("main")

<lldb.SBBreakpoint; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'lldb::SBBreakpoint *' at 0x00

00000003EEBBA0> >

>>> quit

(lldb) breakpoint list

No breakpoints currently set.

(lldb) b main

Breakpoint 1: where = factwin`main + 28 at factorial.c:32, address = 0x00005130

(lldb) breakpoint list

Current breakpoints:

1: name = 'main', locations = 1

  1.1: where = factwin`main + 28 at factorial.c:32, address = factwin[0x00005130], unresolved, hit count = 0

(lldb)

These sequences work on Linux.

--

Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.

The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project