[lldb-dev] lldb: how can I make it reliably scriptable?

Paul Smith paul at mad-scientist.net
Sat Feb 21 10:17:20 PST 2015

On Fri, 2015-02-20 at 12:53 -0800, Greg Clayton wrote:
> I found the race condition.

Cool!  I'll try the workaround and the latest version.

Question: would this impact only the Python interface?  Or could it be
seen in the normal LLDB CLI interface as well?  Also, could this result
in a hang, instead of a crash?

One of my scripts tries to use the LLDB -s scripting interface just to
list the image info, so I wrote a simple script:

   target create -c core.12345
   image list
   exit

However, when I run this from my script (using "lldb -s") it will
regularly hang (although it works OK interactively).  I have to run it a
couple of times to get a good result.

Is there another/better way to get the fully-qualified name of the
executable that was running, given nothing but the coredump?