[lldb-dev] What is argdumper?

Enrico Granata egranata at apple.com
Tue Feb 17 14:46:53 PST 2015

> On Feb 17, 2015, at 1:48 PM, Zachary Turner <zturner at google.com> wrote:
>
> Is this being used from python?  I'm wondering why there needs to be a symlink that is in the same folder as the python extension module.

In the Xcode build, argdumper gets copied to LLDB.framework/Contents/Resources/ - which is the same place where debugserver and any other LLDB’s own helper tools would also get copied
As for where it ends up being copied (or symlinked or hard linked depending on your platform) on non-Mac non-Xcode builds, that entirely depends on whoever touched that build process

As a general matter, LLDB expects to have argdumper be a resource it can locate relative to itself just like debugserver