[lldb-dev] a GUI frontend of LLDB

Eran Ifrah eran.ifrah at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 23:25:01 PST 2015

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 9:19 AM, J.R. Heisey <jr at heisey.org> wrote:

> Sorry but I think a GUI built with anything other than C or C++ is a waste
> of time. Especially a debugger only GUI. I have some personal experience.
>
> There are a couple decent full IDEs available.
> It would be more appropriate to integrate LLDB into one of these.
>
> CodeBlocks, CodeLite

​FYI: CodeLite already have a LLDB plugin​

​(for Linux, OSX. For Windows, we only enable Remote debugging using our
proxy "codelite-lldb")​
​http://codelite.org/LiteEditor/DebugWithLLDB
​

, or Eclipse CDT are the better ones.
> Though I am not picularly fond of Eclipse or any Java based GUIs either
> it would be preferable to any dynamic language. I prefer languages with
> strong type checking to eliminate many bugs at compile time.
>
> You may be able to integrate with the express editions of visual studio. I
> hope I haven't just committed heresy on this list. :)
>
> Thanks,
> J.R. Heisey
>

> On Feb 17, 2015, at 8:01 AM, zephyr zhao <zephyr.git at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on a GUI frontend of LLDB which is based on Python 2.7 and Qt
> 4:
> https://github.com/c0deforfun/LLL
>
> Screenshot of current status:
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/c0deforfun/LLL/master/docs/screenshot.png
>
> There're still a lot of works to do. It would be really helpful if someone
> could join the project.
> Any suggestions or comments will be appreciated too!
>
> Btw, I have a question:
> when users set a breakpoint at some line, SBBreakpointLocation may return
> a different line No. My current workaround is grep it from
> SBBreakpoint.GetDescription()
>
> Thanks,
> C0deforfun

Eran Ifrah,
Author of codelite, a cross platform open source C/C++ IDE:
http://www.codelite.org
CodeLite IDE Blog: http://codeliteide.blogspot.com/