[lldb-dev] lldb is failing to start on OSX

Oleksiy Vyalov ovyalov at google.com
Mon Feb 2 09:29:02 PST 2015

Hello,

I'm facing some weird problems while trying to run lldb on OSX (10.9.5)
It was okay up until recently but now lldb is complaining about not found
dependencies:

ovyalov-macpro2:Debug ovyalov$ ./lldb
dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/LLDB.framework/LLDB
  Referenced from:
/Users/ovyalov/google/lldb/git/lldb/DerivedData/lldb/Build/Products/Debug/./lldb
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap: 5

I'm running lldb binary from DerivedData/lldb/Build/Products/Debug
directory. It started to fail for me yesterday and I'm wondering whether
it's XCode or MacOS SDK updates.
However, if I set "Linking/Runpath search paths" option as
..../DerivedData/lldb/Build/Products/Debug
then lldb is running without issues.

Please advise what might be wrong here.
Thank you in advance.

Oleksiy Vyalov | Software Engineer | ovyalov at google.com