[lldb-dev] BasicResultsFormatter - new test results summary

Todd Fiala via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Dec 9 08:04:01 PST 2015

That's a good point, Tamas.

I use (so I claim) the same all upper-case markers for the test result
details.  Including, not using XPASS but rather UNEXPECTED SUCCESS for
unexpected successes.  (The former would trigger the lit script IIRC to
parse that as a failing-style result).

The intent is this is a no-op on the test runner.

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 8:02 AM, Tamas Berghammer <tberghammer at google.com>
wrote:

> +Ying Chen <chying at google.com>
>
> Ying, what do we have to do on the build bot side to support a change in
> the default test result summary formatter?
>
> On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 4:00 PM Todd Fiala via lldb-dev <
> lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Per a previous thread on this, I've made all the changes I intended to
>> make last night to get the intended replacement of test run results meet or
>> exceed current requirements.
>>
>> I'd like to switch over to that by default.  I'm depending on the test
>> event system to be able to handle test method reruns in test results
>> accounting.
>>
>> The primary thing missing before was that timeouts were not routed
>> through the test events system, nor were exception process exits (i.e. test
>> inferiors exiting with a signal on POSIX systems).  Those were added last
>> night so that test events are generated for those, and the
>> BasicResultsFormatter presents that information properly.
>>
>> I will switch it over to being the default output in a bit here.  Please
>> let me know if you have any concerns once I flip it on by default.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> --
>> -Todd

-Todd