[lldb-dev] Running lldb tests?

Zachary Turner via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Dec 2 14:41:00 PST 2015

Couple things:

1) Python 2.7.10 is still the officially supported way to run tests for all
platforms
2) Python 3 is only supported for Windows and it's experimental.
3) At some point I will drop support for 2.x on Windows, but 2.x will
always be the officially supported way to run tests on every other platform.

Are you running lldb/test/dotest.py or
lldb/packages/lldbsuite/test/dotest.py?  You should be running the former.
The `progress` module is located in
lldb/third_party/Python/module/progress.  That should be in your `sys.path`
because when you run `lldb/test/dotest.py` the first line calls `import
use_lldb_suite`, which modifies `sys.path` to contain this and a few other
directories.

Hopefully that gives you a starting point to diagnose what's wrong.