[lldb-dev] Linux core dump doesn't show listing when loaded

Todd Fiala via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Dec 2 08:35:29 PST 2015

Does our init file mechanism have the ability to do something conditionally
if it's a core file?  (i.e. do we already have a way to get Ted's desired
behavior via an inserted call to "thread backtrace all" that somehow gets
triggered by the init, but only when we're talking about a core file?)

Alternatively, Ted, you could have a wrapper script of some sort (think
lldb-core.{sh,bat} or something) that you call that sources an lldb
core-file-specific init file that sets up aliases and the like to start up
lldb how you want, maybe?

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 9:32 AM, Greg Clayton via lldb-dev <
lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> "thread list" should just list the threads and their stop reasons (no
> backtraces). If you want backtraces just do "thread backtrace all".
>

> On Nov 24, 2015, at 1:09 PM, Ted Woodward via lldb-dev <
> lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> >
> > I’ve been working on an old rev that we’d released on; now I’m much
> closer to ToT as we move towards our next major Hexagon release.
> >
> > Core dumps on the old rev would print out a listing/disassembly for each
> thread in the core dump. Now it doesn’t.
> >
> > ToT does this, on x86 Linux:
> >
> > >bin/lldb ~/lldb_test/coredump/lincrash -c ~/lldb_test/coredump/lincore
> > (lldb) target create "/usr2/tedwood/lldb_test/coredump/lincrash" --core
> "/usr2/tedwood/lldb_test/coredump/lincore"
> > Core file '/usr2/tedwood/lldb_test/coredump/lincore' (x86_64) was loaded.
> > (lldb) thread list
> > Process 0 stopped
> > * thread #1: tid = 0, 0x0000000000401190 lincrash`main + 16 at
> lincrash.c:5, name = 'lincrash', stop reason = signal SIGSEGV
> > (lldb)
> >
> > I can see the listing by going up and down the stack, but I’d like to
> see the listing on load. Is the no listing intended?
> >
> > Ted
> >
> > --
> > Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
> > The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, a
> Linux Foundation Collaborative Project

-Todd