[lldb-dev] Where should PROLOGUE_END be set

Aidan Dodds via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 31 04:22:02 PDT 2015

Hello all,

It seems that different LLVM backends (ARM, MIPS, X86) can output a
different line number for PROLOGUE_END in the DWARF line table.

Say I have a function as follows:

1. int my_function( int arg1 )
2. {
3.    some_code();

At -O0 I am seeing the PROLOGUE_END set on the function definition (1.,
ARM) and on the first line of code (3., X86, MIPS)
At -03 the ARM backend uses line 3 as its PROLOGUE_END.

Is there a 'correct' place for this to be set, or is expected that this
can be different?
If it is somehow language defined then I am most interested in an answer
related to C99.

Thanks,
Aidan