[lldb-dev] top-of-tree build failure when using configure on Linux?

Ted Woodward via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 28 10:56:17 PDT 2015

Our Ubuntu 14.10 buildbot at
http://lab.llvm.org:8011/builders/lldb-x86_64-ubuntu-14.10 is failing, and
I've been tasked to fix it because I'm the LLDB guy.

It fails with things like:

/var/lib/buildbot/slaves/hexagon-build-03/lldb-x86_64-ubuntu-14.10/llvm.obj/
Release+Asserts/lib/libclangCodeGen.a(BackendUtil.o): In function
`addObjCARCOptPass(llvm::PassManagerBuilder const&,
llvm::legacy::PassManagerBase&)':

BackendUtil.cpp:(.text._ZL17addObjCARCOptPassRKN4llvm18PassManagerBuilderERN
S_6legacy15PassManagerBaseE+0x21): undefined reference to
`llvm::createObjCARCOptPass()'

I get the same error when I manually build using the same steps as the bot,
but when I use cmake it works.

Has anyone seen this behavior using configure?

--

Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.

The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, a
Linux Foundation Collaborative Project