[lldb-dev] TestRdarXXXXXX

Zachary Turner via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 14 11:50:36 PDT 2015

There are a bunch of tests in the tree that are named after Rdars.  As a
result, it's not clear to anyone outside of Apple what these are supposed
to be testing so it diminishes their usefulness and increases our
maintenance burden since it's impossible to know if it is an issue that we
should fix, or if it is something platform specific.

Would it be possible for someone to rename these tests to something more
descriptive?

Here is a list of some of the ones I've found:

lldb/test/functionalities/data_formatter:
+ rdar-3534688
+ rdar-9973865
+ rdar-9973992
+ rdar-9974002
+ rdar-10449092
+ rdar-10642615
+ rdar-10887661
+ rdar-11086338
+ rdar-11628688
+ rdar-11773899
+ rdar-11988289
+ rdar-12437442
+ rdar-12529957
+ rdar-13338477

lldb/test/python_api:
+ rdar-12481949

lldb/test/lang/cpp:
+ rdar12991846

lldb/test/functionalities/command_script/import:
+ rdar-12586188

lldb/test/lang/objc:
+ rdar-9691614
+ rdar-10967107
+ rdar-11355592
+ rdar-12408181

For those tests which it is not possible to share more details about what
the test is fixing, can I request those tests be moved out of tree?  I
assume Apple already has an internal test suite for this reason