[lldb-dev] DNBConfig and debugserver

Bruce Mitchener via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 11 21:21:09 PDT 2015

Hello!

This is probably for the Apple People since it relates to debugserver...

I was going to fix an issue with the cmake build on Mac OS X related to the
mig generation step and DNBConfig.h, but when I started digging into
things, I noticed that DNBConfig.h isn't needed any longer.

The only test that it performs is for whether or not 64 bit Mach exceptions
can be used.

The code that actually handled non-64 bit Mach exceptions was removed in
2011 by this commit:

commit 0e8147bd867e4cdaae9400f56d02c7aacd40a9b3
Author: Greg Clayton <gclayton at apple.com>
Date:   Fri Oct 28 22:59:14 2011 +0000

    Enabled the "printf" attribute on all debugserver logging functions and
fixed
    the ensuing mayhem.

    git-svn-id: https://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvdb/trunk@143244
91177308-0d34-0410-b5e6-96231b3b80d8

So, I'm wondering what the right next step is:

   - Just fix the issue that I was going to fix in the cmake build system.
   - Remove the unused test for 64 bit Mach exception handling and that
   usage of DNBConfig.h
   - Remove DNBConfig.h entirely along with the machinery for generating it
   since nothing actually needs or uses it.
   - Something else.

I'm happy to do any of the above options.

Cheers,

 - Bruce

PS. HavAVX.s is missing an EOL at EOF, and so it generates a warning. Can I
just commit an EOL at EOF without going through Phabricator? That won't
break anything, right?