[lldb-dev] DWARF Register Mapping in SysV-x86_64 ABI

Abhishek Aggarwal abhiinnitald at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 05:21:23 PDT 2015

Hello Greg

I was going through the code of x86_64 SysV ABI implementation
(ABISysV_x86_64.cpp). I noticed one thing that DWARF Register Number
mapping is not in conformance with the SysV-ABI Specification document for
x86_64. The reference document I am using is "System V Application Binary
Interface, AMD64 Architecture Processor Supplement, Draft Version
0.99.6, October 7, 2013".

I hope the register number mapping is present in the enum
"gcc_dwarf_regnums". I don't know whether I am missing something here but
can you throw some light on it ?

Thanks
Abhishek Aggarwal