[lldb-dev] clangfunction & type aliases/custom types

Greg Clayton gclayton at apple.com
Mon Sep 22 11:06:40 PDT 2014

If you have no debug info, you will only get symbols. You won't have types if you don't have debug info either. There is some support for getting objc types from the runtime, but you won't be able to request any SBType values from any SBModule or SBTarget objects if you don't have debug info. I know the expression parse does some extra stuff to be able to play with objc types, so you might have to run an expression in order to be able to extract the type from the result.

value = lldb.frame.EvaluateExpression("NSString *a = nil; a")

Then you can get the type using:

t = value.GetType()