[lldb-dev] Pre-processor definition confusion

Ed Maste emaste at freebsd.org
Fri Sep 12 10:29:10 PDT 2014

On 12 September 2014 12:57, Zachary Turner <zturner at google.com> wrote:
> What are the differences between FreeBSD and NetBSD?  Every time we check
> for one, should we also be checking for the other?

I suspect though that where __FreeBSD__ is used in combination with
another OS (e.g. __FreeBSD__ || __linux__, or __FreeBSD__ ||
__APPLE__), we likely need __NetBSD__ there too.

Keep in mind though that the NetBSD support so far is really just
basics to get the debugger to build and run, but AFAIK there's none of
the kernel debugging interface side at all yet.  I expect there will
be a reasonable amount shared between FreeBSD and NetBSD there, but a
lot that's OS-specific too.