[lldb-dev] Xcode users: whitespace trimming for whitespace-only lines

Todd Fiala tfiala at google.com
Mon Sep 8 10:04:05 PDT 2014

Hi Xcode users!

One request.  If you don't mind, can you please turn on this option to
reduce the amount of whitespace-only lines that Xcode will emit?

1. Go to Xcode | Preferences | Text Editing.
2. Look under "While Editing".
3. Check "Automatically trim trailing whitespace."
4. Check "Including whitespace-only lines."

It is step 4 that I am expecting is missing for some of us (sadly I think
is the default) and is likely the cause of a number of new changes in the
codebase which have whitespace-only lines in them.

Thanks much!  For several diffing tools, these produce a fair amount of
non-content noise.

Sincerely,
Todd Fiala