[lldb-dev] Editline Rewrite : issues surround wide character handling on different platforms

Ed Maste emaste at freebsd.org
Wed Oct 29 06:34:31 PDT 2014

> Yes, of course that's possible. But I'd argue that just makes things
> more complex, and less attractive for newcomers to the project.

I very much agree, we don't want to make it any more difficult for
newcomers to get started with LLDB. A while back It found it difficult
enough to get LLDB built in a Linux VM because the standard GCC that
came with the distribution predated C++11 support. Clang and LLVM
require a modern-enough toolchain that I don't see a reason we should
be even more restrictive in LLDB.