[lldb-dev] Process monitoring Host/Plugin interactions

Zachary Turner zturner at google.com
Fri Oct 24 13:58:42 PDT 2014

So right now I have ProcessWindows::DoLaunch() set up to just call
Host::LaunchProcess and pass the ProcessLaunchInfo along.  This uses the
default default monitoring algorithm that's built into the host layer,
which basically just waits for the process to exist and nothing else.  This
doesn't work in the case of a debugged process, because there's no initial
stop so Process::Launch (in Target/Process.cpp) doesn't ever get the
notification that the process launched successfully.

Is the solution then to just keep the default monitoring algorithm in Host
as is, but in ProcessWindows::DoLaunch(), specify a different callback
before passing it through to Host::LaunchProcess?  This is roughly what
ProcessLinux does, but I wonder what happens if ProcessWindows::DoLaunch()
has received a ProcessLaunchInfo that has a user-specified monitoring
callback.