[lldb-dev] Is anyone using lldb on Windows to debug a _Windows_ application

Zachary Turner zturner at google.com
Tue Oct 21 13:49:45 PDT 2014

It's getting there.  I know of only 4 issues with the test suite currently
that I'm working on fixing.  There might be more, but when I run "ninja
check-lldb" these are the only ones that happen.  They are, in no
particular order:

PutSTDIN doesn't work right  (may have been fixed due to a recent patch by
Greg Clayton, need to re-verify)
dotest.py -q --arch=i686 --executable D:/src/llvm/build/ninja/bin/lldb.exe
-s D:/src/llvm/build/ninja/lldb-test-traces -u CXXFLAGS -u CFLAGS -C
D:\src\llvm\build\ninja\bin\clang.exe -p TestProcessIO.py
D:\src\llvm\tools\lldb\test\python_api\process\io

ProcessWindows doesn't know how to signal when process ends, hangs in
Process::WaitForProcessToStop (Working on this one currently, should be the
next one I fix)
dotest.py -q --arch=i686 --executable D:/src/llvm/build/ninja/bin/lldb.exe
-s D:/src/llvm/build/ninja/lldb-test-traces -u CXXFLAGS -u CFLAGS -C
D:\src\llvm\build\ninja\bin\clang.exe -p TestCallWithTimeout.py
D:\src\llvm\tools\lldb\test\expression_command\timeout

Test suite generates python errors, not clear why.
dotest.py -q --arch=i686 --executable D:/src/llvm/build/ninja/bin/lldb.exe
-s D:/src/llvm/build/ninja/lldb-test-traces -u CXXFLAGS -u CFLAGS -C
D:\src\llvm\build\ninja\bin\clang.exe -p TestPlatformCommand.py
D:\src\llvm\tools\lldb\test\functionalities\platform

RunShellCommand doesn't work, can't resolve cmd.exe correctly.  (Already
submitted r220217 that partially fixes this, there may or may not be more
to do)
D:\src\llvm\tools\lldb\test/dotest.py -q --arch=i686 --executable
D:/src/llvm/build/ninja/bin/lldb.exe -s
D:/src/llvm/build/ninja/lldb-test-traces -u CXXFLAGS -u CFLAGS -C
D:\src\llvm\build\ninja\bin\clang.exe -p TestPlatformCommand.py
D:\src\llvm\tools\lldb\test\functionalities\platform

Alongside each test I've given the exact command line you can use to
reproduce the error.  Feel free to take a look if you want :)  The way I
found all these was to just run "ninja check-lldb" on Windows, then attach
a debugger to crashed or deadlocked processes.

I recently hit a new error which has blocked everything, and has to do with
the way clang finds cl to fallback to.  I'm working on a few patches to
clang to make its fallback logic smarter, and once I get all that worked
out I'll get back to this.