[lldb-dev] Should FileSpec::Resolve() look at PATH?

Zachary Turner zturner at google.com
Tue Oct 14 16:36:16 PDT 2014

I have an issue on Windows when trying to run shell commands.  We specify
the shell as "cmd.exe", create a FileSpec out of this, and call
FileSpec::Resolve.  This ends up making an absolute path out of cmd.exe,
but it does so by just sticking the working directory onto the front of it,
which is obviously wrong.

My question is: For FileSpecs that are only filenames, nothing else, should
we attempt to locate a matching file in PATH, and when we find one use the
resulting absolute path?