[lldb-dev] Getting ConnectionFileDescriptor working on Windows

Zachary Turner zturner at google.com
Thu Oct 2 10:49:08 PDT 2014

I plan to define some additional typedefs similar to lldb::process_t and
lldb::pid_t.  They will be lldb::pipe_t, lldb::socket_t, and lldb::file_t.
On posix these will all just be typedefed to int.  On Windows they will be
typedefed to HANDLE, SOCKET, HANDLE, respectively.

That should address that, although Windows may go through some pains
getting this to work at first since right now fds are pretty prevalent in
the code.  That's the idea anyway.  If it doesn't work, as a fallback we
can create a fd based constructor on Windows too and only use it in the
cases where it's too difficult to propagate the native type up as far as it
needs to go, but mark it deprecated and encourage people to use the
appropriate native types going forward.