[lldb-dev] Frame documentation

Jason Molenda jason at molenda.com
Sat Nov 29 23:41:07 PST 2014

SBFrame::get_all_variables is a shortcut provided for Python scripts (but is not available when using the C++ SB API).

The SBFrame::GetVariables() call I used in my example allows you to specify whether you want argument variables, static variables (I don't know if this is function-static or file-static ...), or local variables.  I used it in my example so it would be language-agnostic - valid for either C++ or Python scripting.

If you're writing your script in Python (instead of C++), get_all_variables is fine.  There is also get_locals, get_arguments, and get_statics if you want to pick out some of those variables.