[lldb-dev] Process plugin implementation with multiple threads

Greg Clayton gclayton at apple.com
Fri Nov 14 14:53:35 PST 2014

> On Nov 14, 2014, at 10:15 AM, Zachary Turner <zturner at google.com> wrote:
>
> Windows doesn't need to do anything special for each thread as it is created. Only need to update the thread list in the Process object as far as we're concerned, but that's it.
>
> The main thing I'm worried about is that the Process object itself runs a couple of threads in the background (the private state thread, for example), so I was worried about possible race conditions when modifying state asynchronously (i.e. from my debugger thread).

What state needs to be updated asynchronously? You shouldn't be touching the thread list (no need to update it, you should be able to update it on demand each time you actually stop right?) at all until you have a valid stop reason and then the process will update the threads itself when and if it needs them.