[lldb-dev] lldb issues on MacOS

jingham at apple.com jingham at apple.com
Wed Nov 12 10:41:16 PST 2014

Look in the Console log to see what debugserver says when it tries to attach.  "lost connection" isn't typically what debugserver would say if the problem is a task-for-pid denial (i.e. a code signing problem.)  In that case, you usually see something like "could not get task for pid..."  lost connection means debugserver has unexpectedly quit for some reason (crashed or exited unexpectedly...)  Anyway, if you look in the console log, if it is a code signing problem you will see error messages from debugserver saying it failed to get the task for pid whatever.

Also look in ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports for any crash logs from debugserver.

Jim