[lldb-dev] Graphical lldb

Eran Ifrah eran.ifrah at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 22:14:00 PST 2014

You can also have a look at CodeLite's LLDB debugger plugin implementation
(also, pure C++)
More specifically, this file:
https://github.com/eranif/codelite/blob/master/LLDBDebugger/codelite-lldb/CodeLiteLLDBApp.cpp
which wraps SB API (it converts JSON format commands arriving from CodeLite
into SB API calls and send back the replies)

Eran

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 12:49 AM, Jason Molenda <jmolenda at apple.com> wrote:

> You might want to look at
> test/api/multiple-debuggers/multi-process-driver.cpp which is an example
> C++ driver program which creates an lldb debug session (50 of them,
> actually), inserts breakpoints, runs to the breakpoints, backtraces and
> continues as a simple example in C++.
>
> (the test itself is trying to hit race conditions with multiple debuggers
> running at the same time on separate threads.)

> > On Nov 10, 2014, at 1:30 PM, jingham at apple.com wrote:
> >
> > The SB API's are a C++ interface to lldb (that's how Xcode uses them,
> for example.)  Those C++ API's are translated into
> > a Python interface (using the SWIG tool) for scripting purposes.  But
> you should feel free to use the C++ version if you like C++.
> >
> > I think Greg just suggested Python because it's an easy way to play
> around and figure out how they work.
> >
> > Jim
> >

> >> On Nov 10, 2014, at 1:03 PM, Jose H <jose.francisco.hevia at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> @jingham: Oh, simple. I just wanted a better way to handle the errors
> >> and output of lldb that just having a text file stream that I have to
> >> parse to understand, because I want the GUI to understand some things
> >> like an error happened or not and I just can't stand parsing stuff.
> >>
> >> Anyway, I have read a lot of code meanwhile and I understand lldb much
> >> better now.
> >>
> >> About the SB API's, it forces me to use python, but I am using C++ so
> >> I prefer to use the c++ equivalent if possible. Not that it looks too
> >> hard as the SP APIs seem direct mappings of the c++ objects.
> >>
> >> I am using C++ because I already have lots of graphic code on
> >> c/c++(years of work) that I want to use in this project.

Eran Ifrah,
Author of codelite, a cross platform open source C/C++ IDE:
http://www.codelite.org
CodeLite IDE Blog: http://codeliteide.blogspot.com/