[lldb-dev] Build break caused by "

Greg Clayton gclayton at apple.com
Thu Nov 6 13:01:18 PST 2014

The expression parser is failing for printf:

(lldb) expr (int)printf("hello\n")
error: call to a function 'printf(char const*, ...)' ('_Z6printfPKcz') that is not present in the target
error: warning: function 'printf' has internal linkage but is not defined
note: used here
error: The expression could not be prepared to run in the target

This seems to be the bug we need to track down. We will take care of that here at Apple.