[lldb-dev] ObjC decl string checks in Expr Eval?

jingham at apple.com jingham at apple.com
Thu Mar 6 09:15:38 PST 2014

I am pretty sure this is the story, though Sean will correct me if I'm wrong...  The problem is that id and Class are treated oddly in clang.  There are type definitions for them in the ObjC header files (and consequently in debug information), but internally to the compiler those definitions are ignored and they are treated as builtins instead.  So you have to not find the type definitions for them and just let clang handle them its own way or it will get all mad at you.

Jim