[lldb-dev] Where is lldb.py?

Greg Clayton gclayton at apple.com
Mon Jun 23 14:04:53 PDT 2014

On Jun 23, 2014, at 1:55 PM, Zachary Turner <zturner at google.com> wrote:

> Hmm, a shell script.  kind of a non-starter for Windows.  Any reason this can't be a python script?

We currently have an option to build LLDB without python, so I would rather avoid requiring python in order to build LLDB as I hear from your build guys that building python is a very long and complex process. Windows doesn't come with python by default, so that seems like a bad precedent to set for a windows build. You might want to translate the .sh into a .bat file for use on windows? Not the best solution as it would always need to be updated whenever the .sh file is updated, but probably better than requiring python.

Greg