[lldb-dev] lldb does not permit memory reads when target is running

Matthew Gardiner mg11 at csr.com
Thu Jun 5 22:48:06 PDT 2014

Hi folks,

http://lldb.llvm.org/tutorial.html states:

"
The commands that currently work while running include interrupting the
process to halt execution ("process interrupt"), getting the process
status ("process status"), breakpoint setting and clearing (" breakpoint
[set|clear|enable|disable|list] ..."), and memory reading and writing ("
memory [read|write] ...").
"

However, I tried to read memory when my (embedded harvard arch) target
is running:

(lldb) target list
Current targets:
* target #0:
/home/mg11/src/main/devtools/main/heracles/csrgdbserver/test/examples/simple/kalgsd5te.elf
( arch=unknown--linux, platform=host, pid=1, state=running )
(lldb) memory read 0x1000 --count 4
error: Process is running.  Use 'process interrupt' to pause execution.
(lldb)

Does my observation reflect a documentation or coding bug?

thanks
Matthew Gardiner

More information can be found at www.csr.com. Keep up to date with CSR on our technical blog, www.csr.com/blog, CSR people blog, www.csr.com/people, YouTube, www.youtube.com/user/CSRplc, Facebook, www.facebook.com/pages/CSR/191038434253534, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CSR_plc.
New for 2014, you can now access the wide range of products powered by aptX at www.aptx.com.