[lldb-dev] qHostInfo proposal to add breakpoint pc offset

Greg Clayton gclayton at apple.com
Thu Jun 5 17:02:17 PDT 2014

It is always better if the GDB server can do the backing up of the PC and we generally want this to happen. We don't always know how breakpoints are set when we use the Z packets to set/clear breakpoints. If there are hardware resources, then a breakpoint might get set as a hardware breakpoint and not require the backing up of the PC. Again, these are all details that the GDB server should be in charge of. If you hit a breakpoint that was set by the user, then the PC should be backed up. If you hit a hard coded breakpoint trap that was compiled in to the code, then you don't backup the PC.

I believe this support was added for one GDB server that didn't do the backing up, but I would rather not have every GDB server have to tell us that. Do you have one such GDB server that doesn't backup the PC when it should be?

Greg