[lldb-dev] hold off on check-ins, please [ALL CLEAR]

jingham at apple.com jingham at apple.com
Tue Jul 29 16:49:44 PDT 2014

If I'm working on something like stepping or process control or whatever, I don't really need to know whether there's some change in llvm land, I'm not touching those code paths.  There is quite a lot of lldb that doesn't go through the expression evaluator, or only requires that you have some working version, not the most recent one.  So I go for days quite happily not updating my llvm/clang checkout.  I only bother about that if I'm working on the type system or expression evaluator.  Moreover, I don't really want to know that somebody broke something in clang/llvm and then fixed it a couple of hours later.  That is just noise that is not helpful to the work I am doing.

So I tend to not update my clang/llvm checkouts till something - usually some interface change that somebody else checks into lldb - forces me to.

Jim