[lldb-dev] hold off on check-ins, please

Ed Maste emaste at freebsd.org
Tue Jul 29 14:58:02 PDT 2014

On 29 July 2014 17:50, Enrico Granata <egranata at apple.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> just a quick heads up that your problems might be related to a change in clang/llvm that breaks our expression parser
> To figure out if that is the case, fairly simply you can do
>
> (lldb) file /bin/ls
> (lldb) b malloc
> (lldb) run
> (lldb) p 1
>
> and if you get errors instead of your output, then you know that that’s the issue

That sounds like it:

(lldb) p 1
error: warning: duplicate 'signed' declaration specifier
error: cannot combine with previous 'unsigned' declaration specifier
error: 1 errors parsing expression

The tests were passing for me on FreeBSD at LLVM r214115, Clang
r214113, and are failing after updating just now.