[lldb-dev] lldb python test run on 64-bit Fedora Core 20

Matthew Gardiner mg11 at csr.com
Tue Jul 22 23:28:05 PDT 2014

Todd Fiala wrote:

>     The only actual failure I saw was:
>
>     FAIL: test_stdcxx_disasm
>     (TestStdCXXDisassembly.StdCXXDisassembleTestCase)
>           Do 'disassemble' on each and every 'Code' symbol entry from
>     the std c++ lib.
>

> This is really the nugget of result your test run is showing.  I'm not
> entirely sure why that one is failing.  It could be a legitimate
> failure with changes in your code, or it could be something that
> surfaces in FC 20 that doesn't elsewhere.  The test run should have
> made a directory called "lldb-test-traces".  They go in different
> places depending on ninja vs. make builds.  In ninja builds, it will
> be in your root build dir.  In make builds it will be in the
> {my-build-dir}/tools/lldb/test dir.  In that directory, you get a
> trace log file (*) for every test run that did not succeed - either
> because it was skipped, it failed (i.e. test assertion failed), it had
> an error (i.e. it failed but not because of an assert - something
> happened that was entirely unexpected like an i/o issue, seg fault,
> etc.), or it unexpectedly passed - marked xfail but succeeded.  So -
> you should have a file called something like
> "Failed*test_stdcxx_disasm*.log" in that directory.  You could look at
> the contents of that and see what failed.

Happily, now, building/testing against the fresh sync I got before I
went home last night, this failure has now gone.

Matt

More information can be found at www.csr.com. Keep up to date with CSR on our technical blog, www.csr.com/blog, CSR people blog, www.csr.com/people, YouTube, www.youtube.com/user/CSRplc, Facebook, www.facebook.com/pages/CSR/191038434253534, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CSR_plc.
New for 2014, you can now access the wide range of products powered by aptX at www.aptx.com.