[lldb-dev] GDBRemoteCommunicationClient::GetHostInfo triple question

Matthew Gardiner mg11 at csr.com
Sun Jul 20 23:10:00 PDT 2014

Greg Clayton wrote:
>> On Jul 15, 2014, at 6:40 AM, Matthew Gardiner <mg11 at csr.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I just fixed my kalimba gdbserver implementation of the qHostInfo response.
>>
>> Instead of using:
>> triple:kalimba-csr-unknown;
>>
>> I now reply with:
>> triple:6b616c696d62612d6373722d756e6b6e6f776e00;
>>
>> after reading the comment in GDBRemoteCommunicationClient::GetHostInfo better and reading the code in StringExtractor.
>>
>> My guess, now, is that we send it as hex bytes because we must not send '-' characters in the GDB-RSP stream. Is that because '-' is GDB_RSPs NACK character?
> You are correct.

Thanks, I send a patch for docs/lldb-gdb-remote.txt soon in that case.
Since this detail isn't mentioned in the docs for qHostInfo.

Matt

More information can be found at www.csr.com. Keep up to date with CSR on our technical blog, www.csr.com/blog, CSR people blog, www.csr.com/people, YouTube, www.youtube.com/user/CSRplc, Facebook, www.facebook.com/pages/CSR/191038434253534, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CSR_plc.
New for 2014, you can now access the wide range of products powered by aptX at www.aptx.com.