[lldb-dev] canonical way to incorporate an lldb option

Todd Fiala todd.fiala at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 19:43:41 PDT 2014

Hey all,

Let's say I have an option I'd like to expose at runtime.  For example, I'm
about to start experimenting with having Linux use llgs under the hood for
local debugging, much like MacOSX/Darwin local debugging.  I won't want
this on all the time (at least not yet) for Linux, and I'd like to toggle
it between runs.  Finally, I'd like to be able to set it in an .lldbinit
file or something similar.

What's the standard way to add a switch like this?  Is it, in effect, a
platform option that I use a command for?

Thanks for any guidance!
--
-Todd