[lldb-dev] Use of termios in Python scripts

Zachary Turner zturner at google.com
Fri Jul 11 09:37:42 PDT 2014

>From what I can tell, there are exactly two use cases for termios in the
embedded script interpreter:

1) Getting the size of the terminal (done from embedded_interpreter
initialization, and dotest.py) and

2) Turning on or off echo (also done from embedded_interpreter
initialization, and dotest.py)

I'm curious about the history here.  What is the reason for this code?  In
my testing so far I haven't been able to exercise these codepaths on
Windows, so I'm not sure if they're MacOSX only or something like that.  If
it's possible to exercise these code paths on Windows I'll need to move
this functionality behind another module that reproduces these two use
cases on Windows.