[lldb-dev] Same-Process Debugging

Todd Fiala tfiala at google.com
Thu Jul 10 12:19:47 PDT 2014

> After talking with Todd Fiala, he suggested writing an implementation of
NativeProcessProtocol and NativeThreadProtocol that inspects the local
process. This would allow same-process debugging without the expensive IPC
that Ruminate has.

The idea here was that parts of lldb that currently depend on
Process/Thread, and may later be adapted to work with NativeProcessProtocol
and NativeThreadProtocol, would still be able to work on a local process
introspectively if there was a NativeProcessProtocol/NativeThreadProtocol
that operated on itself.  I was thinking of it more as a way to enable
other parts of the lldb machinery within the local process space.

-Todd

Todd Fiala | Software Engineer | tfiala at google.com | 650-943-3180