[lldb-dev] [LLVMdev] Proposal: ASan debugging API

jingham at apple.com jingham at apple.com
Wed Jul 9 19:43:50 PDT 2014

I can't really comment on what ASAN knows and can tell the user, or whether these API's represent that well.  These would be easy enough to call from the debugger, that's no problem.

The main warning from our side is to remember that since you are reporting memory state, you will most likely not want to let the whole program run while you are gathering this data.  So you have to be pretty careful about how you write these functions.  Don't for instance call malloc, that is quite likely to deadlock against other threads, etc...  But we already gave Kuba an earful about this, so I'm not sure reiterating this here is necessary.

Jim