[lldb-dev] Native windows debugging support

jingham at apple.com jingham at apple.com
Wed Jul 2 15:26:07 PDT 2014

The way to think about this distinction is to ask yourself whether you would need this feature to do remote debugging from one OS to a different OS.  In principle, lldb should be able to cross-debug from any OS to any other.

In this case, the way users & groups is represented is a feature of a process controlled by the debugger.  So the knowledge of how that works can't live in Host, it has to live in Target.  Note also that while Host code is only required to build on the platform that you are running lldb on, features of a process have to build on all architectures, again to support cross debugging.

Jim