[lldb-dev] LLDB buildbots

Todd Fiala tfiala at google.com
Tue Jul 1 13:25:46 PDT 2014

Starting a separate thread on this that's easier to find :-)

I see these two buildbots for lldb:

lldb-x86_64-darwin12
lldb-x86_64-debian-clang

The first one looks like a MacOSX buildbot that runs an Xcode lldb-tool
build (basically what I do) and is failing in the llvm/clang build phase
without a whole lot of detail as to why.  It's been not building for some
time.  I assume Apple owns this one?

lldb-x86_64-debian-clang

This one appears to have some tests that fail that make it show purple.
 Not sure exactly what the configuration is here.

>From recent activity, it seems like we could use a few more:

   - lldb ubuntu 14.04 x86_64 (clang-built)
   - lldb Windows (something - VS 2013?  Windows 8.1 or 7?)
   - FreeBSD (10 only? 9?  x86_64 only?)

One thing I'd love to see is a way to force me to know that (at the very
least) the build itself (i.e. compile/link/packaging) failed in way that I
cannot escape.  i.e. send nag mail to the mailing list.

However, I also don't want to hear noise in the lldb-dev list (or an
lldb-build list or something) every time a flaky test intermittently fails.
 So for me, I'd prefer to just be forced to know about build failures but
I'd prefer to see test failures on a build grid UI and not be nagged on
every false alarm.  Without the build break email alarm, I'm not sure how
we best would get people to know the build is broken somewhere.  Thoughts?

I had intended to take ownership of pushing this one forward:

   - lldb ubuntu 14.04 x86_64 (clang-built)

No promises on timing, but now that I got the initial llgs in, this is a
fine time to start addressing this.

--
Todd Fiala | Software Engineer | tfiala at google.com | 650-943-3180