[lldb-dev] just me, or lldb 3.4 is very buggy?

Greg Clayton gclayton at apple.com
Wed Jan 29 09:42:05 PST 2014

You will need to update the installed libedit on your machine. "libedit" is the line reader program we use to get commands and the default version on most linux's is quite old and out of date.

On Jan 29, 2014, at 8:04 AM, Jun Koi <junkoi2004 at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> i am using Ubuntu 13.10, and installed lldb 3.4 from its official repo.
>
> i am running this lldb 3.4, but it seems very buggy, even with simple commands
>
> (1) the breakpoint doesnt seem to work, as my application doesnt stop at breakpoint, as in below session.
>
> (lldb) b main
> Breakpoint 1: where = buggy`main, address = 0x0804847d
> (lldb) r aaa
> Buffer : aaa
> Process 3612 launched: './buggy' (i386)
> Process 3612 exited with status = 0 (0x00000000)
>

> (2) many commands doenst return to the prompt, but seems to hangup.
>
> you can try this by loading any application ($ lldb ./myapp), the type "br l". the prompt (lldb) would not show up after the command. you can continue to type after that, except what you type do not show on terminal, however.
>

> i am wondering why lldb 3.4 still has trivial basic bugs like this?

Update to the latest libedit and see how many problems that solves for you.

> is this fixed in latest code in repo?

With a new libedit and the top of tree LLDB, you will have a much better experience.

Let us know how things go.

Greg Clayton