[lldb-dev] GCC and dwarf equivalent register numbers in x86

Benjamin Kemper kemperbenny at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 01:29:46 PST 2014

Hi,

In the qRegisterInfo packet (in the gdb remote protocol), I was wondering
where does LLDB get the dcc/dwarf corresponding register numbers from.

While looking at the gcc source file for the register numbers:
https://raw2.github.com/mirrors/gcc/master/gcc/config/i386/i386.c

I saw a discrepancy between lldb numbering and gcc in 32bit. In:
http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/lldb/trunk/source/Plugins/ABI/MacOSX-i386/ABIMacOSX_i386.cpp

The ymm registers are mapped to the xmm registers:

dwarf_ymm0 = dwarf_xmm0

And I can't find a similar mapping in the i386.c posted above (in the
svr4_dbx_register_map
which is used to describe the dwarf numbering).

--
Benjamin.