[lldb-dev] Supporting new source languages

Michael Woerister michaelwoerister at posteo.de
Mon Jan 13 06:04:56 PST 2014

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if it is a goal of LLDB to allow for supporting
programming languages other C/C++ and Objective-C? I've been browsing
the source code a bit and found that references to clang::Type are
hardwired into lldb::Type. Is there an extension path that allows to
sidestep Clang and use one's own type representation? Is it even
feasible to try and support non-Clang languages within LLDB's
architecture? That would be very interesting to me.

Thanks for reading!
-Michael