[lldb-dev] Everyone: please download, build and test the new iohandler branch

Ed Maste emaste at freebsd.org
Fri Jan 3 19:18:46 PST 2014

On 3 January 2014 17:52, Greg Clayton <gclayton at apple.com> wrote:
>> (I can commit these changes to the iohandler branch if you like.)
>
> Yes, please do!

I've committed this and the getcurx and such global scoping change just now.

> Fixed:
>
> % svn commit
> Sending        source/Interpreter/embedded_interpreter.py
> Transmitting file data .
> Committed revision 198452.

Thanks - a new failure now:

(lldb) script
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/data/emaste/src/llvm/build/lib/python2.7/site-packages/lldb/embedded_interpreter.py",
line 60, in run_python_interpreter
    repl = SimpleREPL('>>> ', dict)
NameError: global name 'SimpleREPL' is not defined

> This is something you will want to figure out on your system to see if you can get the function keys working. There is a work around for Apple builds where we look for \033OP for F1, so if you search for "\033OP" in the sources you can see the work around that we used to map non-standard function keys to the correct key definition.

Ah, so it turns out it actually works as is on my FreeBSD-CURRENT
laptop.  (I observed the failure on my desktop, which has an older
version.)

> A few things to try in "gui" mode:
>
> Press TAB to change the active window. The active window has the solid white border around it. Each window can handle keys differently.
>
> when the source view is selected press the following keys:

> SPACE - set one shot breakpoint on selected line and and run to that line

Stepping looks like it works fine but SPACE didn't do anything for me.

> When the "variables" view is selected:
> UP/DOWN - use the arrow keys to change the selection around

One issue I noticed - there seems to be an "off by two" in the
variable window - I can move the highlight down twice from the last
displayed row before the list starts scrolling.

>> I also have 19 failing tests when I run the test suite on this branch.
>
> Yep, I have about the same thing and we will need to work these things out and fix them.

Ok - good to know it's not (necessarily) a FreeBSD-specific issue.

-Ed