[lldb-dev] Everyone: please download, build and test the new iohandler branch

Ed Maste emaste at freebsd.org
Fri Jan 3 14:36:26 PST 2014

On 2 January 2014 17:56, Greg Clayton <gclayton at apple.com> wrote:
> svn co https://$USER@llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/lldb/branches/iohandler
>
> The first step is to get it building for your platform as I am sure the Makefiles are out of date.

Here's my report for FreeBSD.  I haven't looked into any of the issues
in detail yet.

I always use cmake to build LLDB.  For this branch I needed the
following changes:

source/API/CMakeLists.txt
-  SBInputReader.cpp

source/Commands/CMakeLists.txt
+  CommandObjectGUI.cpp

source/Core/CMakeLists.txt
-  InputReader.cpp
-  InputReaderEZ.cpp
-  InputReaderStack.cpp
+  IOHandler.cpp

source/Host/common/CMakeLists.txt
+  Editline.cpp

tools/driver/CMakeLists.txt
-  IOChannel.cpp

(I can commit these changes to the iohandler branch if you like.)

In addition ::getcurx() and such resulted in a compilation failure --
on FreeBSD ncurses.h provides macro implementations of these.  The man
page has this note:

       All  of  these  interfaces  are  provided as macros and functions.  The
       macros  are  suppressed  (and  only  the   functions   provided)   when
       NCURSES_OPAQUE  is  defined.

> - autocomplete now working in the embedded python interpreter

When trying to run the interpreter to test out this I got:

(lldb) script
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/tank/emaste/src/llvm/build-nodebug/lib/python2.7/site-packages/lldb/embedded_interpreter.py",
line 58
    def one_line (self, input):
    ^
IndentationError: unexpected indent

> - curses is now supported with the new IOHandler infrastructure. To try this out, run and hit a breakpoint, and type "gui" on the command line to drop into the curses GUI mode! Lots of stuff isn't hooked up yet, but I am sure the open source community can help fill in some new views and improve existing ones.

Nifty - I can start the curses UI, but it seems none of the F-keys work.

I also have 19 failing tests when I run the test suite on this branch.